Holy Trinity Missionary Baptist Church
505 Parkcilff Ave. Youngstown, Ohio 44511
About Holy Trinity Missionary Baptist Church
Celebrating Over Sixth Years of Ministry
505 Parkcliff Ave. Youngstown, Ohio 44507
Church Office Phone Number: 330-788-1696
A history of service for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
Holy Trinity has a rich history & legacy of pursuing matters of social justice! In fact, the Mother of the Civil Rights Movement, Rosa Parks, spoke at Holy Trinity on a Sunday evening in September 1957. The topic of her timely message was about Voting Issues. Rev. Johnson was the Pastor at that time. Special thanks to Sis. Cassandra Elkins, a former Trinitarian who provided the research and documentation of this historic event!
The mighty hand of pressure and circumstances of time cause a group of former members of the Jerusalem Baptist Church to withdraw from their present location and make the Venture for new Dwelling Place in the summer of 1950 led by faithful few these Trinitarians embarked upon a journey that will leave them through the Wilderness working at seeking a spiritual home or their own.
These called out Believers initially organized themselves as the independent Progressive Club a religious people meeting in the residence of Mr. & Mrs. James Davis Senior at 437 West Myrtle Avenue on August 16th 1950. Moving from pregnancy to labor or call meeting was held at the home of Mr. And Mrs. Alex Raines at 533 Griffin Street for the purpose of birthing of a new church work.
Reverend William Nelson moderator of the Eastern Ohio Baptist Association was chairman of the meeting. The fellowship embrace the name Holy Trinity Missionary Baptist Church and credited its membership with 44 persons at that time. They also elected general officers who were empowered to handle the affairs of the ministry. Officers were installed by Reverend R J Bailey and Reverend J A Kilbourn.
After being properly organized to church call is founding pastor Reverend Alfonso Jesse Woods, whom served previously served a Jerusalem Baptist Church. He was called to serve Holy Trinity on November 4th 1950 he serve the faithfully until February 1953.
On December 18, 1950 the members agreed to purchase the Plymouth Congregational Church at 243 West Rayen Avenue for the sum of $35,000. The Holy Trinity congregation marched triumphantly on March 4, 1951 from Covington Street School to the new location.
Pastor A Horatius Johnson was elected to succeed Pastor Woods effective May 6, 1953. Pastor Johnson continued until his resignation January 31, 1960 except a pastor in Bethlehem Baptist Church in Cincinnati Ohio. Pastor Ernest Frank Everett Rheins formerly of West Palm, Beach Florida was called to serve June 26, 1960 after being unanimously elected.
In June 1992 after years of discussion with Youngstown State University regarding the purchase of the Rayen Ave. location the congregation moved to his current location at 505 Parkcliffe Avenue.
After 36 years of faithful service Pastor Reigns retired in October 1996 he has served as a longest-tenured pastor this ministry and was vested with the title Pastor Emeritus. In June 1997 the church extended a call to his current pastor, Reverend Lewis W Macklin II who previously served as youth pastor at New Bethel Baptist Church.
Send us a message to get more information
Church office phone number: 330-788-1696
Senior Pastor: Rev. Dr. Lewis Macklin II Macklin: firstname.lastname@example.org
Min. Byron Armour, Associate Minister
Webmaster: Jerome E. Parm email@example.com
Copyright 2019 Holy Trinity Missionary Baptist Church all rights reserved